Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Kale and Mushroom Spaghetti

I recently used a Groupon to get some some fruits & veggies delivered to my place. It saved me atleast two trips to the grocery store in Chicago's windy winter. I did not know what was to come in the package before hand and I was excited about this opportunity to try some new veggies and recipes. One of the items from the magic box, that I had never tried before was Kale. After some research (read Wiki) , I found that it belongs to the same family as cauliflower & broccoli and is extremely nutritious. I had no idea what to make from it. After some more research, I came across a pretty simple recipe and decided to give it a shot. 

I did not time my cooking to see if it was actually done within 16 mins, but it was extremely simple and luckily I had almost all of the ingredients in my kitchen..yay!  

My version: I followed the recipe quite religiously, but used vegetable broth instead of chicken. I also had very little of eggplant marinara sauce, so decided to add that towards the end as well. It was really delicious, but I felt it was missing something, maybe the parmesan cheese  which I did not have. :( But at the end of it, I was extremely happy to have tried a new recipe!


Updated 12/24/2010: I am sending this blog post as an entry to Nupur's Holiday Buffet.

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful for a cold winter night- thanks for the entry!

    ReplyDelete