Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving meal

Happy Turkey Day, everyone! I would like to start this post by giving thanks. I am thankful that I am healthy and live a really beautiful life with my darling husband. I am thankful that I have a loving family that has extended after my wedding. I love my job and am thankful for that!

We are celebrating the American holiday by having one of our couple friends over. The menu for the day is Indian. Sorry, no turkey cooking in my kitchen. I ain't a big fan of the bird! So, here's what we are making today. (Hubby really helps in the kitchen now by chopping and cleaning, so he deserves due credit).



-- Egg Puffs
-- Fish Fry 
-- Simple Veg Biryani 
-- Raita

Egg puffs
Fish Fry
Veg Biryani

I was also supposed to get some baked goodies from the bakery nearby, but thanks to the crappy weather and my recovering cold - I didn't put in the extra effort to make the short trip. :| But our friends got some delicious Ras Malai. 

Verdict - the egg puffs and the fish fry were a big hit! Our friends really seemed to like it.

Hopefully I will have the recipes for all the items very soon on my blog. :) 

Have a great thanksgiving, all! 

1 comment: