Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Su's lil bag of goodness

I am always hungry at work and it's hard to snack healthy all the time. I try. Most times I end up at the PRET A MANGER's store below my office and pick up their chocolate trail mix. It's a lil bag of goodness, as they like to call it - that contains black raisins, raw almonds, cashews & sunflower seeds and some semi sweet chocolate for some good measure. Since I snack on these very often - I decided to make them on my own and carry it in my handbag. So now, I always have something to munch when am on the go plus these nuts are extremely healthy - packed with the "good" fats, omega 3 fatty acids & fiber to name a few.



Here's what you need to create your own lil bag of goodness.

Recipe

Prep Time: Absolutely negligible!
Cooking Time: Nada

Ingredients

Dried fruits of your choice (raw almonds, cashews, walnuts, raisins, cranberries, pistachio, etc.) - 1 to 2 handfuls each
Choc chips (semi sweet or dark, I used Ghirardelli's semi sweet choc chips) - 1 handful

Method

Mix all the ingredients together and pack them in snack or quart sized ziplock bags and you are all done! 

On a separate note - we got a brand new DSLR camera. A Canon Rebel T5i with a 18 - 135mm lens. (I actually know what that means now!) Hubby and I are pretty excited about the new gadget and have been taking turns to get familiar with it. Here's one of our first attempts. Hoping to use it to take more pictures for this blog. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment